To understand Obama’s presidency, Americans need to know more about the man and the nature of his political ideas,you need to become familiar with Saul Alinsky and the strategy of deception he devised to promote social change. As David Horowitz states,”Of no other occupant of the White House can it be said that he owed his understanding of the political process to a man and a philosophy so outside the American mainstream, or so explicitly dedicated to opposing it”. If you want to learn more about Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama’s connection, I’d suggest you read Barack Obama’s Rules for Revolution: The Alinsky Model by Clicking Here. But, this post isn’t about Saul Alinsky and Obama’s biography, this post is to inform you, with examples, that the President is following and demonstrating the 10 different Tactics exemplified exactly in Alinsky’s, “Rules for Radicals”.
1.) “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have”
A Mass Movement expresses itself with mass tactics against the finesse and sophistication of the status quo–Pg. 127
- Example: The enemy is the American people as a whole, that is the number one thing we must understand today. The power that we perceive Obama to have is the power to unilaterally change the Law at anytime without any Congressional oversight or input. As Charles Krauthammer elaborates in An Outbreak of Lawlessness to the Constitution. He states, “The President seems to think that he has the right to change duly passed statutes on his own or to suspend parts of laws on his own”. Krauthammer cites Obama’s unilateral delaying of multiple aspects of the Affordable Care Act and his appointing of Administration officials via recess appointment while the Senate was not in session. We must understand that the President has a complete disregard to the Constitution of the United States that he is meant to uphold.
- If you think this tactic is not in the works, Ask yourself this, how many times have you found yourself researching policies that you’ve heard about a common political theme phrased as, “Does Obama have the power to do this? The answer is legally no, yet it is perceived by the American people who do not question him, that he does have the power and therefore his perception of power, not the power itself, feeds what the American people think the President can actually do.
- Example: The second major example that was used was the Occupy Wall street Movement, the 99% against the 1%. This “movement” was posed as a youthful movement to promote change by protest thru rallies against the 1% who they beleive control 99% the economy. Occupy Unmasked shows the truth of this “movement” by exposing how it was backed by organizations with an Agenda to make it appear as if the Occupy Movement represented the “masses”. The reason was to convince the American people (the enemy) that the Occupiers represented all Americans via the false perception of the movement being much more powerful than it really was in order to promote an agenda.
2.) “Never go outside the experience of your people”
- Example: The Trayvonn Martin case, which Im sure everyone by now is intimately familiar with.When George Zimmerman was found innocent of the death of Trayvon Martin, Obama quickly weighed in. Yet our President says nothing about the black-on-black genocide in the streets of Chicago (his hometown). The President felt it necessary to interject into the case and to instill to “his people” [I mean this as the ones he worked with in his Community Organizing Day’s,] that these experiences such as white-on-black race crimes are so common and rampant today that Trayvon could have been him 25 years ago. He did this an attempt to communicate back to his old Community that he could have experienced the same thing in order to falsely perceive this case to exploit white-on-black hate crimes that are not truly evident today.
- Example: President Obama’s examples of going outside the experience of the American people is mind boggling. Doug Ross, from Directorblue, has compiled and updated President Obama’s complete list of historic firsts by a President, which you can view by clicking Here. Ill pick President Obama suing the State of Arizona to keep the SB1070 Law from taking effect. The WashingtonPost states, “The Obama Administration sued Arizona charging that the Arizona law cracking down on illegal immigrants conflict’s with Federal law that would lead to police harassment of those who cannot prove their lawful status”. This created confusion and then eventually retreat because the Federal Government under Obama was seemingly challenging a State’s right to enforce and protect boarder laws.
- As Jan Brewer, governor of Arizona stated, “The American People must wonder whether the Obama Administration is really committed to securing the boarder when it sues a state that is simply trying to protect its people by enforcing immigration law”. This case cause much confusion at first, then fear of a lawsuit against Immigration Enforcement Officials for enforcing the law, and then eventually retreat from Officials to stop enforcing the law. This was due to ICE’s inability to question illegal immigrants statues due to the Government believing it would be considered racial discrimination.
- Example: This tactic has been used most recently in last week’s west coast fundraising swing for amnesty for illegal immigrants promoted by the President. During a token policy appearance Monday in San Francisco, President Obama railed against republicans and opposers of Amnesty for standing in the way of his, “comprehensive immigration reform” plans that would extend amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. During his speech a protester interrupted him and shouted, “Stop deportations, You have the power to!” The president responded accordingly following the fourth tactic of making the enemy (Congress/Opposers) live up to their laws in the Constitution.
- He states, “If in fact, I could solve all these problems without passing laws in congress, then I would do so, but we [unfortunately] are a nation of laws”. Effectively blaming congress as the enemy by making them live to their book of rules(the Constitution and law) at the same time knowing they can’t because of the restraints that are already placed on Immigration officials by Obama to enforce the law.
5.)”Ridicule is a man’s most potent weapon”
- Example: Ridicule within the Obama Administration is something used on almost a daily basis in his arsenal of deflection and responsibility. Yesterday, Obama shouted during his campaign for Obamacare, that the the opposition to the Affordable Care Act is basically meaningless because they don’t have any other or better ideas to Health Care reform. Before this though, as TownHall reported last week, the President decided to ridicule Republicans in a gathering of business executives where he somehow decided that the Republicans in Congress were partly to blame for the bungled mess of Obamacare that he had created.
- “One of the problems we’ve had is one side of the Capitol Hill is invested in it’s [Obamacare] failure”, Obama told the Wallstreet Journal’s CEO during the gathering. He also suggested the Republican’s, “ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with uninsured and people with preexisting conditions” was also a factor in why Obamacare has been a disaster. He ridicules Republicans, knowing none of them even voted for the Law, as therefore being obstructionists and against the sick and poor.
- Example: The WashingtonPost on October 30th in Boston, show’s another example of this tactic, this time to attack and ridicule criticism of his outright lie. “If you like your insurance you can keep it”, was the lie told by the President over and over again. The President sought to frame his lie as “weeding out bad apple insurers” who didn’t provide enough coverage. This was against the American people who have had their insurance polices cancelled as, “Americans who’ve got cut-rate plans that don’t offer real financial protection”. He infuriated us with this lie and people are beginning to react to the advantage of Obama, who see’s this as an advantage. The more kicked off their current insurance, the more who are forced to enroll in Obamacare, the more it appears to Obama that his Law is “working”.
- Example: What you need to understand about Obama is that his people are constantly changing, as in being used as a means to achieve whatever political agenda end’s he has at the time. But, what seems to be Obama’s people, is those who receive the most benefits from his policies such as the fact that 2 months before his re-election he “gutted” the Welfare Reform Act by re-shaping the definition of work. According to Breitbart.com, “The Administration gutted the work requirements in the Welfare Law to redefine work in a way that would allow those on Welfare to receive benefits while doing things like going to fitness classes, which could be defined as “work”. Obama needed to secure the welfare vote, thus giving these people (his current people) benefits without any real incentive to work. They received free benefits, which everyone enjoys, and therefore secured the vote by changing the law which was the real tactic.
- This tactic was also used for the Latino vote, once again, Obama sensing discontent for the 2012 election, we see that Amnesty is magically transformed. ICE cannot deport and Obama’s vote is secured from the Latino population, who now cannot be deported nor their relatives as they now have invisible “rights” they demand for.
- Example: This seventh tactic is interesting because it shows why the President is always “all in” in his reaction to each and every new issue and crisis, he literally never listens to what the other side say’s no matter what. The usatoday first reported on this from the standpoint of foreign policy, which began to become evident in early July with regards to Egypt. “President Obama called on Egypt for a quick restoration back to Democracy”. His tactic was to put in an Islamic-backed Constitution elected “Democratically”, and he he went all in, even after the citizens of Egypt demanded Morsi, their Islamic President, be ousted. So, come wednesday, the Egyptian military decided to overthrow Morsi, suspend the Islamic Constitution, and fight for the people. Disregarding President Obama, who in turn, would not reverse his decision and the U.S. ultimately lost an ally in Egypt.
- Example: Then, as yet another revealing example of the presidents “all in” tactic to make a new stance on an issue, we must look at his reaction to the Government shutdown on October 1st. The NPR reported that, “Obama say’s he’ll hold firm and not give in to house GOP demands for the budged that contains language delaying any parts of his signature law”. The President stated, “he shouldn’t have to offer anything in response to any GOP proposal, the basic part of the Congress to function is to pay for things already approved for the government to do, and it is not doing me a favor”. Obama flips the tables and refuses to negotiate a plan to re-open the government because of his “all in” tactic that essential means if the government wont offer him favors, then he wont re-open the government.
- Example: Tactic 8 goes hand in hand with tactic 7 and has been utilized by all the crisis’s of the period for the President’s advantage. “You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; its an opportunity to do important things that you otherwise would avoid”. This was what former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel stated and has been one of Obama’s key weapons to push his agenda. Once again we only need to review how the President reacted to the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings. What did he push after every single tragedy? Gun control of course, it is how the President utilizes these horrific events to keep pressure on with different statements that exploit these events and the victims at the advantage of the president and his agenda to focus on such things such as gun control.
- Example: This tactic has been instituted to a point that the American public now overwhelmingly do not trust the President of the United States. This tactic was stolen by Saul Alinsky from Sun Tzu’s Art of War. Tzu states, “the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak”. This is the leverage the President has used this against his opponents psychology to his advantage. We can see this tactic at work today more than at any time in recent political history. These day’s, Obama has Republicans such as RHINOS like Mitch McConnell and John McCain in such fear that they unapologetically skip the fight and go straight to defeat. It is the reason, if you were to ask anyone who isn’t biased when it comes to politics what the difference is between Republicans and Democrats? They will state that their is none today because Republicans have been so defeated psychologically that they no longer oppose the actions of the President, they just accept it without even putting up a fight.
- Example: The tenth tactic is exactly how the President has utilized the IRS to maintain a constant pressure upon his opposition. As Forbes states, “The IRS, back in August, was revealed to be targeting thousands of small businesses for extra scrutiny”. Remember this also comes with the fact that the agency was revealed to have unfairly and deliberately targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status. The agency, back in August had already targeted at least 20,000 small businesses and that number will surely grow.
- The letters sent out to small businesses entitled, “Your gross receipts may have been underreported” suggest that the IRS wants you to prove a negative. Your essentially being asked to prove that you didnt underreport your income with a threat against you and your company to prove this in 30 days. Just from the IRS standpoint with regards to small businesses, this will intimidate businesses by threatening them to, “comply within 30 days to provide documentation to prove why your numbers dont fall within IRS’s standard”, a task that would take weeks if not month’s to do. This tactic by Obama is the development of the IRS to maintain and uphold constant pressure upon the opposition, which by now you should realize entails anyone who opposes his agenda; small business, conservatives, tea partiers, Republicans, Christians, and eventually more to come!
- Obama Not Even Hiding It Anymore, Personally Thanks Alinsky Org For Help Promoting Obamacare (libertynews.com)
- Obama Not Even Hiding It Anymore, Personally Thanks Alinsky Org For Help Promoting Obamacare (gopthedailydose.com)
- Barack Obama’s Rules for Revolution – The Alinsky Model (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Obamacare Unleashes Destructive Force Upon America’s Middle Class Dream (freepatriot.org)
- American Hero Allen West Calls For Obama’s Impeachment (patdollard.com)
- Allen West “He is a manipulative liar and his arrogance is beyond comprehension” (allenwestrepublic.com)
- When the Have Nots Become the Haves (canadafreepress.com)
- Figures. Obama Flies to Texas to Thank Alinsky Group For Their Support (thegatewaypundit.com)